Transfering the game data

Discuss anything relevant to The World RPG!
Garionix
Furbolg Giant

Transfering the game data

Post by Garionix » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Hello, I have a problem. I play the game on a pirate version of Warcraft 3 (primary cuz I didn't have the money to buy the original) but know I'm about to buy it and don't want to lose my characters.
Is there a way to save the data of my pirate w3 and transfer it to the new when I buy it?

I know about the "code transfer" thing, but the truth is that I don't have any replay showing my characters are legitimate (mostly 'cuz I played alone or with my brother)

Thank you and have a good day :3
Why Beriel doesn't have legs

voyagesdelame
Dragon Turtle

Re: Transfering the game data

Post by voyagesdelame » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:35 am

I imagine codes generated by twrpg are the same no matter where you play the game.

Urim03
Corruptor Rectus

Post by Urim03 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:02 am

I'm not very sure of what is the issue. If you kept your load code, it should work on legit wc3 as well. For replays if you have some, they'll probably outdated (as I don't think any of your replays are done in 1.30 patch of wc3).

If you don't have any replays, depending on what gear you have and depending on people you play with, you might be asked to restart a new character or not. You can just try join a game (and maybe join the discord group of twrpg(I don't know how to invite though, maybe someone else will give you a link to it)) and see what people thinks of what, you might just have to save replays from now on.

There ain't any specific rule to follow there, so it's mostly depend on situation and people, can't be more accurate on what will happen sorry.

If I didn't answer all of your question don't hesitate to reformulate.
Gib these wings on SM
[img]http://i.imgur.com/6sn6ORF.jpg[/img]

Ashmedai
Mage Lord

Post by Ashmedai » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:10 am

Here's an invite https://discord.gg/mxscXX

At the same time I think Cow sticked yuz's invite

R.I.P. Atalanta Skin

#ShittingLuckyCharms