Death Fiend Guide

Discuss any tips, tricks, strategies for defeating bosses!
Urim03
Turtle Lord

Death Fiend Guide

Post by Urim03 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 am

Hello there, here I will explain how Death Fiend boss is working, and how to prevent DF or his summons from wiping you all. This boss is hardest by far, if you didn't master every other boss already, then you have no chance in this, DF is clearly on another lvl. It'll be a quite short guide as I don't want things to be complicated, I'll tell spells and how to avoid them, and will skip little things like attack damage or w/e. (I won't give spells a name even, you are free to give me names you would like.)
I'll try to improve text slowly, I probably did many lapsus or things like that. Feels free to correct text a bit and send it to me or stuff like that.

Death Fiend

Spell 0 : Awesome Name 0
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|DF has 3 summon, HellHound (HH), SuccuBus (SB) and Dark Ranger (DR). In fight he'll summon only 2 of them randomly. One at 80% hp, the other at 60% hp. At 20% DF heals back to full hp and becomes stun immun until his death. Whenever one of the 3 event occure, DF gets 80% DR for few seconds. You absolutely need to split summons and DF for about 2-2.5k range away. Faster you do better it is.
If DF or one of the summons dies, remaining summons/DF will get 99% DR after 5 seconds forever. It means you ABSOLUTELY need to kill DF and his 2 summons together within 5 seconds, otherwise you failed the boss.
Before DF reach 20%, you can use grim heart/parasite staff/zerk ult or w/e to reduce healing, it works. -50% healing on 30M heal is 15M less damage to do.

Spell 1 : Awesome Name 1
Spoiler
Show
Pictures (clic on them for more visibility)|ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|DF will charge up a spell on each autoattack, on 7th AA he'll do high random magic damage (up to 100k) in a large half circle. If anyone else than the tank takes the damage, everyone else will get damage increased by 10 fold (so up to 1M).

This one is pretty easy to handle, just let someone tank it in direction of black wall to be sure no one else is hit by the cone, and many characters won't die even to the 100k damage.

Spell 2 : Awesome Name 2
Spoiler
Show
Pictures|Image
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|DF will lock someone (root that can't be removed, but dash ability works) and throw 2 coil that will slowly turn around the target. Each coil deals 37.5k damage in aoe, but if someone is hit by both coils, he gets instakilled.

Pretty simple as well, either someone take a coil before it hits center, or the one targetted needs to dash away from it. You must care because AoE is existant, so possibly 2 can get instakilled if AoE is getting ignored. Dash away is simpliest But not every character has a dash.

Spell 3 : Awesome Name 3
Spoiler
Show
Pictures|ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|If no one is close enough to DF, DF will jump to it and instakill.

I guess you got how to avoid that ? Need someone tank permanently... Pretty simple but can be tricky sometimes.

Spell 4 : Awesome Name 4
Spoiler
Show
Pictures|ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|DF charge a kind of howl for 2 sec, and then release it. Everyone in about 1200 range gets a buff out of that howl, after 3 seconds you take 99'999 damage, 999'999 damage or instakill. Effects cycle through 99k damage, 999k damage and insta-kill, then repeat. The debuff it gives can be cleansed to avoid it. Image

For that you need to care and have dps and supports be far enough. If it's done perfectly only the one tanking DF will actually get the debuff, and if the one tanking is a knight he can even self cleanse it with E. Shooter is a good choice for a fight since she can prob the tank and whynot save 2 more people hit by the howl..

Hellhound

This summon requires the most specific characters, if you don't have them it's very very tricky.

Spoiler
Show
Explanations|HH has a passive aura (about 600 range) the reduce healing by 100% and does 1800 damage every half a sec. It also gives high regeneration to hellhound and other summon/DF, one more reason to split.

Very hard to handle, because cleanse won't help there and you have no way to heal. Many ways to handle, either find some heals that heals through heal reduction (ispion, priest ult, any regeneration etc...), let elementalist tree tank (easiest choice by far) or my permanently shield the one tanking it.
Another possibility is to have people alternatively tank it and going away to heal, but this might be hard.

Spoiler
Show
Pictures|Image
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|Every 10 sec, channels for 2 sec and silences everyone in the whole area for 8 seconds, also for each player hit, HH heals 10% of max hp. Silences freezes, and taunts cancel the cast, and reinitiate the countdown of the cast. Also the [Spell 3 : Awesome Name 3] cast also resets this spell.

In theory it's very simple to do, only need to freeze, silence or taunt every 10 sec or less to completly ignore that spell. DK WM or ele (ele best) can solo cancel that pretty easily, but they need to survive also. But it's not always easy to get right character, or just survive in top of doing that.

Spell 3 : Awesome Name 3
Spoiler
Show
Pictures|Image
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|At 50 mana, HH charge in direction of closest player and instakill it. Trees or graves cancels that rush.

If ele it's simple, tree can tank it and he'll rush directly in a wall. If any other character you need to stun it a bit before 50 mana, and go hide behind a tree, then HH will rush straight into that tree.

Spell 4 : Awesome Name 4
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|HH permanently has very high Magic Resistance. (probably 95%, it means 3 times less damage than SK for example)

It can make the kill tricky in the very end of fight, need physical/pure damage dealer to help out on this summon to do enough damage fast.

Dark Ranger

This summon can easily break the rhythm of the fight, it's actually very hard to handle this summon smoothly without require the slightliest luck. If you have elementalist or full geared WM holding HH, this summon will be the hardest to handle.

Spoiler
Show
Pictures|Image
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|Every 4 AA, reduce healing recieved by 10% and creat a pool of 300 aoe vacuuming everything to its center. The Vacuum thing lasts about 30 sec.

Mmmh, nothing much you can do about it. It can be interesting to reduce her attack speed so you get stack less fast. Cleanse also reset reduced healing. I would Highly suggest to let her attack same target in same spot so not more than one pool area is made. A tank standing still AAing her would be best, I would suggest crusader (because of spell 2) but anyone is fine.

Spell 2 : Dark Signal
Spoiler
Show
Pictures|Image Image
ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|At 15 mana, instead of autoattack she throw a dark signal in the air, targeting randomly someone in 1500 range (her attack range). First 3 cast will do nothing, 4th cast will summon 3 skeletons on every dark signal she throwed, so a total of 12 skeletons. On spawning, it does 1M magic damage/signal arrow (ams or invul can tank it). Each skeletons have 10M hp, 85% MR (like any endgame boss), and same first passive on auto than Dark Ranger herself.

For that I would suggest, like I said on DF, to pull her away at very least 2k range away from other summons, so she will most likely only auto and holy use both spell on same target. By avoiding use her 2nd spell on random spot, all 12 skeletons will spawn on same spot. I suggest to burst them down instantly, 10M hp can be done by 2 or 3 endgame player ulti. I would recommend try to kill them within 10 sec so people have time to run away from her back and avoid get a dark signal on a random position for the futur cast. you need to care because pools can very break every gameplay plan you have, and if skeletons arn't killed fast everyone in DF fight will have huge handicap. (heal reduction, unable to move properly)

Succubus

Easiest summon to handle by far, any tank can handle it.

Spoiler
Show
Pictures|ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|At 25 mana, she has 50% chance to cast this spell instead of spell 2. Dash behind a target and stuns it for a sec, after that she throws multiple waves VERY slowly all around her, each doing 90k damage. It'll spread for around 600 range all around there in about10 seconds.

Pretty Easy, when she dash behinds you, just wait for stun to run away, none of them will hit you, but I would suggest to tank the one going in the direction you are just so succubus doesn't move too much. That way you avoid disturbing fight, and it's only 90k damage magic if you tank one of them only.

Spoiler
Show
Pictures|ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|At 25 mana, she has 50% chance to cast this spell instead of spell 1. Dash behind a target and stuns it for a sec, after that she hits you repeatedly 8 times, mini stunning you each time and doing 25k damage for each hit.

Only real way to do it is face tank, it's 200k magic damage in about 3 seconds, ams or any tanking ability will work, it's not that troublesome. (even my Swordsman has 4 ways to tank it sooo...)

General Fight
Spoiler
Show
Explanations|The general fight is pretty obvious to understand, basically need one tank on each summons/DF with maybe support to heal from far and that will avoid fight to be a mess. Meanewhile dps will make sure to equilibrate damage between all ennemies (mostly focusing on DF then HH as longest to put down).

I would suggest to bring DF to top left of area (as bot side of area has strong mobs with silence/push that can actually fuck up fight), and separate one summon at right, and one summer under DF (both behind trees) at 2.5k range at least (just to be safe) like in those pictures. HH must be on bot side, and the 2 other can fit both, you can also see how you need to move to trick HH so he just rush tree/grave.
Image Image Image
You can easily see there where need be boss/summon and where must stand the one tanking it. Supports should try be in between those 3 spot, same with dps that should times to times swap position. In case you get SB then DR (meaning DR will be on bot side), put her quite further than that, she is actually the only summon that won't target closest 100% of time, making it very troublesome.
Knight tanking main would be nice as it is very tanky, has infinite dash (easier to bring top left that way, and to avoid something annoing like skulls rooting) and has self cleanse (for Howl). But many character can fit that role.
Full geared WM or decently geared ele can take care of Hellhound all alone, I would suggest bring hellhound bot side (easier to tree trick the dog) and any other summon at right. If Dog never gets summoned, then np, DR and SB can be bot, won't cause trouble. If you have no full geared of any, for HH you'll have to swap tanking most likely, and have a DK or WM silencing/freezing with Q as soon as cd is off.
Succubus can be taked care by basically any tank, she is very easy compared to 2 other. Crusader Zerk BW knight (if you have 2 knights) etc... Crusader fits the role pretty well but I also find it good for DR.^^
DR basically need to move her away of DF far enough and fast enough before she actually throw first Dark Signal. Do not underestimate how annoying the pools can be, people with no escape are literally stuck in it until it fades ! That's why need to control her the best and the fastest. Crusader is good there because he can tank falling skeletons, regroup them in one single point when other dps burst it down fast. You must care to not damage DR very much as well, remember all summons and DF must die within 5 secs.
Do not forget DF will full heal at 20% (which you can reduce with right item/spell) and that HH is hard to burst down for magic damage dealer. when everything is low (at like 5%) I suggest to give in chat in which time they must die. (like 15.35 - 15.40) You must chose the one that will select that (not 5 people shouting different numbers), and that guy must keep a track on some spell timing. (Not right while HH is charging or when DF will use howl)
This boss requires much coordination, be in vocal and let some people "lead" the fight can be very helpful. You must be very patient as it'll take time until everyone get used to spell and fail basically nearly never.

I think I've told everything, don't worry it's normal to be lost in begining, but I believe that if people get good enough at this boss, it'll be smoothly runable with a team of 8 or less. The boss fight is very long also. Avoid DF and summons to fuck up fight and keep perfect track of damage is very important (basically if you handle that perfectly, you have a chance to kill it). Long range dps can be helpful to clean up skeletons fast (shooter ult sniper BM) and smoothly for DR. If you can manage to get an elementalist for HH, this summon will be very easy. Put SM, lancer and/or MA at it to damage it instead of other magic damage dealer. Don't forget to use priest/BW/DK/knight to actually separate summons as quickly as possible, they spawn under DF's ass, don't missclic !

When you manage to kill all 3 of them within 5 sec, a chest appear on the last dying and that chest can drop DF items or materials. GOOD LUCK

Credits :
Qweszaq > testing all spells of DF & summons and listing them
LiGeR_GeGe > testing all spells of DF & summons and sending me all screenshot
Urim03 > testing all spells of DF & summons, writing this guide and being awesome AHHHHHHHHHH

qweszaq
Divine Angel

Re: Death Fiend Guide

Post by qweszaq » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Main
HP 30390400
Nuke range 1000 units
damage reduction after reaching 80%/60% lasts 20s
Succubuss
HP 22314500
Sylvanas
piercing arrow 100 000 damage 10s cd with 2000 units speed