It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Elementaloli
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:26 pm 
Furbolg Giant

So I'll be straight. Is lil' Elementalist.. uh, 'strong'?
And if so, what is she strong with? I mean, what is she good at? Damage, Tank, or Support?
Does she have a reputation like
Quote:
oh no, an Elementalist. This one will be a burden on killing <insert boss>

I recently made an Elementalist and is quite comfortable with her since she can solo almost everything, 'cept high hp regen bosses or bosses with healin' skills. What I'm wondering is, can she still do this at higher-tier bosses, with higher-tier items equipped? By higher I don't mean the "endgame ultra strong bosses" like Flame Nightmare which obviously require a team, just around the tier of Spider and Demon Lord.. with enough practice of microin', is it still possible for her to solo those? And if not, how does she fare with a team, especially on the "endgame ultra strong bosses"?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I just want a foresight of what my character will be before I actually dedicate playin' the game with her, since, if possible, I'd like to focus on one character for now, so I'd like a motivation to continue her by knowin' what she'll be capable of and how much stronger she can be. So far my progress is on soloin' Mage Lord and Wings of Death and repeatin' them over and over to get starter items. I'm plannin' on scalin' up to Everfrost and Angels after I get what I needed, then soon Spider and Demon Lord. But again, will it be possible?

I dont plan on just playin' the game alone forever though. My schedule is soon clearing up so I'm lookin' forward to playin' again with people, and joinin' groups if possible. Yes, "again". I'm actually a VERY old player, IGN Onee-chan if anybody remembers me, Arcane Mage and Knight main. I was on IXOscarIX's group before I started gettin' busy. Point is, I have knowledge of the game. I just need advices, and they will be VERY appreciated. Thank you if you are still readin' this at this point! xD

TL;DR, What is Elementalist good for? What can she do at high-tier boss fights?

Post subject: Re: Elementaloli
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:53 pm 
Spirit Beast

Hello,
Elementalist is a héro good at basically everything. She gets really high damage if coupled with a priest. I would give you more details about her but she will get reworked with less sunmons.

I cant be sure of how she'll be after rework, so I dont wanna tell you random informations.
BUT she will probably remains good at everything like now, I doubt greenfruit will change ele so much that she wont be same char at all

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:56 pm 
Mage Lord

Has decend 1p heal, has tankiness combined with taunt, has not worst DoT with small stuns, has great *burst*(?) with ult which is practically unkillable + gather. Lets not forget that she gives water buff and this protection buff, also possible to make shield and on top of everything this all is coming from merely summons = safe. I rather say its great char. For endgame bossess from my wiev at least its:

Samiel great thold from green, and blue one probably outheal samiel's bolts, amount of summons assure u safe orbs eating. Dps should also be safe cause dark dont rly stun much. Only bad part is that all except linked summon will get rekt from runes and that even if dps is safe, there will be a lot of interruption from overload caused by other team members. 8/10

Sk is same as samiel, green can fapp under boss and eat instakilling stomps, purple can perma interrupt him if on field, while blue gives some stats and tbh mostly this instant chain heal. Dark has is easy to dps aswell. Only problem is that ur summons can be pushed back quite far + u urself can be pulled away from summon while losing link. 8/10

Ae is just fine, u can heal u can give mr aoe, u can give shield, im just unsure if dps is that great but who gives a fuck on ae, enough that u wont die. 7/10

Zl is ok with ele, green can heal off from zombies + tank infectioned ones, purple can safely dps boss while blue is free to heal whoever u target. Dark one aswell has it easy to burst. Only problem is craze. If green can destroy coil then i call for 9/10, if not then this 8/10.

Sd, never killed yet, mby soon, but i still dont see ele on sd party cause no, pretty much most of skills of his elements gets rekt cause of silence, even if dark is op i just dont have opinion ?/10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:25 pm 
Divine Angel

Ele is great on all the minor bosses, you can pretty much solo those with little extra time compared to some other chars but she's great nevertheless. As high bosses go, she mostly has no use on Samael sadly but that may change with the rework she is getting. Ancient Ent/Skeleton King/Zombie Lord/Shadow Dragon she's great at. Since priest is a must on those (not really on ent and skele) but in general it will give huge burst to your ultimate Seal of Chaos. On sk she can take stomp with her ult and deal big damage, to ZL she can pretty much finish 2nd phase solo after star relatively fast and on SD if controlled properly she can be so so good (gather sides for better results or just plain nuke 3rd phase very fast under priest field considering instant kill nukes will do no harm to her ult). All in all ele is super good hero in my eyes it's just bit tougher to play than some chars atm tho (microing summons properly etc) but if you like her stick with her, she won't disappoint you. Also as Urim mentioned she's getting rework in next version (0.05a) to have slightly less summons so she'll be a bit easier to play but we don't know for sure yet how different she will become. Regardless i trust gF will just make her even better than she currently is. Gl hf.

The Lighting Spear of Tiberius/Aglaia, the Spear of Heavenly Flows
Halo of Judgement/Crown of Wrath
Creation/Requiem, the Armor of Lamentation/Ghost Tunic
Latea, the Ring of Chaos/Ring of Intrusion/Brooch of Darkness
Cloak of the Fallen Shadows/Protector of the Skies/Embrace of Nature/Soul Eater/Wings of Fury/Soul of the Dead
Abyssal Pickaxe
Snowman Token

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:49 am 
Furbolg Giant

Thank you all! Your suggestions and opinions are very appreciated! I guess I'll continue her then, strive and practice harder at microin'. One last question; Any suggestions on what items/gears I should aim for? Again, thank you very much!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:35 pm 
Mage Lord

Right now english elementalists go SE/Garment/Void/Domination/Bone, i think there was idea for Necromancer aswell? And you shouldnt count on SD mats/items so better skip thinking of these. I'm speaking from point of view of my needs in runs.

From weapons Spirit Dagger or Domination Staff, depends on ur luck with fragment tbh. And im unsure how summon from domination works so i cant relate to SD, but attack speed is still op. (have magic resistance or no?) Domination > Spirit Dagger > SoC

From hoods Apocrypha sounds nice on sd, but otherwise i guess void cause domination staff. I myself hate void summons even if they are op cause they often make more bad than good though, and they are fast to die. Apo > Void > CoF

From wings Soul Eater, mby if lucky Embrace Of Nature, but its still matter of luck and determination if ur gonna just make se or be lazy and lucky with eon. Imo: SE > EoN > rest

From robes obviously Necromancer Robe, dps increase and some more int, active helps team kinda so worth it? Only problem is DC which is not a problem if u're good player, even i would take u on ZL runs with dc for u if you are active and playing well even if with before SK gear. Else Fairy Garment(?), though fairy is nice but lacks compared to necro, and you dont need this 7000 hp cause u're already one of tankiest char in game cause of simple link. Imo: Necromancer > Garment > Robe of Sage

From rings Bone Necklace, i doubt there is other good ring out here for u to use till sd, or its already endgame, never though about it, Veil mby but ur summons dont stack it, mby shirin but it dont give AS even while having rotr in recipe no? Imo: Bone > Rotr > Rotd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:10 am 
Spirit Beast

I Guess you are quite ungeared (or not at all) so I'll give MY idea of what aim in order.

Weapon : anything (wont matter much except if you go belius which wont be worth it), then staff of contagion, then spiritus then dagger/domination. (Domination better in general I would say, but dagger isnt to throw)

Robe : fairy robe, then fairy garment, then necromancer then diana. (You can try skip necromancer, maybe by the time you get enough gear SD wont be that hard to farm for us). But Diana is certainly better damage wise and support wise. You dont really need ams yourself also as ele.

Hood : eye of the abyss, then void eye then apocrypha.

Ring : many alternative ring, but I would initially go more support wise. So lifestone then living dragon heart then pipe of chaos.
Another good support ring is eternal rose.
More dps wise ring you get ring of the reaper, then bone necklace and at very end shirin. (I would personnaly stick on pipe/ER/bone)

Wings : dragon wings then fairy wings then soul eater. I wouldn't consider anything else.

That's it for my point of view, I can give more details on why and what thing to get solo if you want so.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:03 pm 
Furbolg Giant

I see.. I do try not to aim high for now, and gettin' my gears step by step from random games. Again, thank you very much y'all, you were a big help! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:28 am 
Troll Lord

triggered