It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 8:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:49 pm 
Silverback Wolf

Hi guys, most of the guides i read are out-dated, can somebody kind to make some new guides ? or just a general overview would be nice, Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:19 pm 
Corruptor Rectus

Hello, the game keeps evolving and changing. Make a guide takes a lot of time and effort, also requires enough knowledge to do some. In top of that, everyone has his own way to play the character, there is no playstyle ruling. Even in a game as popular as LoL with millions of active players, it is very hard to actually find guides that are good, and even when they are good they are outdated 9 times out of 10.

Nevertheless, early gear ain't changing much and ain't that important. So even if final build might be outdated, you can still look into it to know how works character and what you need to look for early game. After early game you should have enough knowledge of your hero and game to actually see what you should do next gear wise. This is far more than enough to play a game, discover things yourself is pretty important imo to keep the game fun.

What you seem to be asking is a "super guide" that will tell you exactly how to play and what to look for. That is impossible, and even if it was possible it would be unfun. The gameplay changes too much depending on boss and team, items depends on what you wanna do, and on what is currently available. Also gear depends on what you can kill, tell to someone "Atricia best weapon on SM" is pointless because you either know that already (because geared/experienced), or you are too undergeared/experienced to actually farm boss to get this item.

So even the guide made by knnisai for SM, that was made nearly 5 years ago, isn't outdated enough to say it's useless. You can still understand how work SM with that even if pictures are unavailable anymore even if his knowledge of SM wasn't perfect, even if so many items changed. Skills are same, description of hero is here, mechanix of hero still exists, suggestions of what item to look for first are still helpful etc... And I take as an example one of the oldest guide of the forum.
Unless the character got reworked since then, most of guides are telling enough.

So yeah, you should probably try to learn what you need to learn from those guides first, and then if you have some questions ask here. Ask guide for nearly 30 characters just like that is not really decent request.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=746 In this, which is outdated and missing some guide, you can get already so much info on characters, I openned randomly 4, including 2 of characters that were reworked since guide was made, and all 4 where very decent guide. If you have some info you would like to know in addon of these, then sure I can give you them if I can. But complain about those guide just makes me think you ain't trying to understand them, so make a new guide won't change anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:46 am 
Troll Lord

You could also check the wiki. We have some exclusive guides there.

If you only need an introduction, or skill descriptions ,the wiki has updated skill images for most characters , this is my current project in renovating the wiki

If you wish for gear advice, have a look at some item list, take a guess at what your character should wear, and ask in the discord for confirmation.

Overall, I agree that we are missing guides, particularly for new characters, reworked characters, or new gear on old characters, but the community is not that big, so the number of veteran players that can make guides is small

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:11 am 
Divine Angel

pedito wrote:
You could also check the wiki. We have some exclusive guides there.
If you want people to check the wiki you may want to make sure things are
    a)correct
    b)not flat copy pasted from here
After reading the wiki's section on Knight i realized that i had written most of it, which i'm not really okay with since the wiki's never been as factually correct as the forums (when/where i've looked at it anyway) but more importantly you're lying to people in my name. I'll admit when it comes to hard numbers several of mine are off, but your doing math that just isn't helpful, since no boss has 0% mr. You say w isn't suited for dps, without giving any reason. But since whoever added that didn't really read what i wrote they later keep the part where i call w "your all purpose, general use damage skill" and that using it is only awkward alone, otherwise it's very, VERY close in terms of actual dps to an optimal rotation. I could go on in this section alone, but it's not worth my time.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:30 am 
Troll Lord

- Your guide had been pasted into the wiki since forever , not by me, I had assumed you had approved it.
- What I did to the guide was formatting, as whoever pasted it destroyed the format, I also added up-to-date images, extra info and summarizing.
- I agree my particular edits to the knight guide are not all perfect, still, that just needs correction.
-On the topic of blitz, I focus more on tanking while in a team, so I dont blitz much. But now I have corrected the description. This was useful feedback by the way, thx
- On the topic of the damage being magical : it says it is magical damage, and no reduction is mentioned, since I assumed it is obvious that this is before reductions are applied, but now i realize it is not clear in the slightest, so I edited it. The main point of the math there was to show the multipliers of Q versus those of R and so on, that is why I did not apply reductions

- Forums > wiki : that is because it was updated less. I am currently working to remedy that, as is seen by the fact that some bosses and items are updated in the wiki, while not in the forum. This applies to all equipment lists, save shooter weapons, and the recipe page, which i dumped in favor of the separate item equipment pages like "weapons". Also, bosses like monstrosity, frostspider lord , or ancient ent ( this one needs lots of work yet), are more up-to-date in the wiki. Also, by this week all characters will have skill image tables in the wiki, and there are other nice things there that I added

- Lying in your name : use a lighter tone c'mon. I have now edited it, saying it is based on your guide, which is linked, so people can see it is not the same. Still, you make it sound as if the wiki was a horrible thing.
- Also, I forgot to add : feel free to edit the guide, or tell me corrections. I will take your words seriously.

- I am currently trying to format all copy-pasted guides in the forum, and also trying to add spell images and base descriptions to all heros missing them. Completing and updating guides in the wiki is easier, faster, and not subject to images dying, like the forum. Also, access to said guides is simpler, from the main page. And up to today, I had been trying to get the wiki 100% up-to-date because the wiki policy is having the guides there, pasted formatted and updated.
However, I believe some guides like yours, which are complete, and with a writer who is active, could do without a wiki version, I could just keep the link to your guide, and send you the skill images so you post them ( it is very useful for people who dont play the hero much ). Still, this needs the community to ponder on it, and I would rather not do it, unless you were to express you don't allow the wiki to edit your guide, which I respect, because I understand it could bother you

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:29 pm 
Silverback Wolf

Also, droprates are so obscene low, that even experienced players that would be able to make a good guide, can't do it because it's a hell of a work to get to late game. It's not even about experience.
And no one wants to start a guide to say: "Oh, okay guys, here's where I am with my character, I'm still trying to drop *following* items and test *following* builds to see if that's the best for the character, so I can't tell you what's the best build tested by me, but I estimate is that one".

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:08 am 
Blood Wraith

CustomRobo wrote:
Also, droprates are so obscene low, that even experienced players that would be able to make a good guide, can't do it because it's a hell of a work to get to late game. It's not even about experience.
And no one wants to start a guide to say: "Oh, okay guys, here's where I am with my character, I'm still trying to drop *following* items and test *following* builds to see if that's the best for the character, so I can't tell you what's the best build tested by me, but I estimate is that one".
I mean, I'm pretty much maxed out on my sniper as gear, except some Shadow Dragon mats and I guess 1-2 items from Valtora.
And regarding the testing of different items, that's why hacked map exists for me, to test and have fun with items and see what works with what.
Plus, regarding end game gear its pretty much logic for a lot of "old" players what to go for.

Reasons why I didn't make a sniper guide are the following :
I'm lazy
Rock Lee's sniper guide still works, could be updated with some new items, which you could also just ask on either forum or discord
And that's all

R.I.P. Atalanta Skin

#ShittingLuckyCharms