Legacy[Suggestion]

Report any bugs, glitches, and suggestions here for future versions
Nodge
Silverback Wolf

Legacy[Suggestion]

Post by Nodge » Wed May 02, 2018 6:14 am

I have idea that i guess will fit well in TW. This is mostly for old players who can kill high-end bosses.

This system can give certain effects for all characters on the account(Nickname i guess?)

Example:
If you kill high-end boss with your Swordsman and got "Legacy Token" from it(Requires level 420 to use.Can be used once per class, you can't use it on two different Swordsmans). You will get this:
-Certain amout of stats for every char on you Nickname like + 25.
or
-Different stats based on what character Legacy you have(attack damage, spell damage, damage reduction, movement speed, attack speed and etc).

There can be Statue that will be reflect you Legacy level.
And for every like ~5 Legacy's you have the more better Statue will be.

Sry for bad english

Ashmedai
Lord of Everfrost

Re: Legacy[Suggestion]

Post by Ashmedai » Wed May 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Sounds like it would be fun, it reminds me of some mmorpgs
R.I.P. Atalanta Skin

#ShittingLuckyCharms

masterogi
Count Wallachia

Post by masterogi » Wed May 02, 2018 9:01 pm

To be honest i don't see how it will help or have some impact on game. It will mostly be same thing as with icons, mostly decoration stuff, no real benefits. Better to focus on other things and save map space, than use it on things that are just optimal and not really needed. :|
The Almighty MasterOgi
Show
Lancer 420

Weapon: Lightning Spear of Tiberius/Aglaia, the Spear of Heavenly Flows
Helm: Crown of Serenity/Halo of Judgment/Crown of Rage
Armor: Plates of Lightning/Creation of Heaven and Earth/Requiem, the Armor of Lamentation
Ring: Ancient Hourglass/Latea, Ring of Chaos/Purefrost Gauntlet
Wings: Cloak of the Fallen Shadows/ Soul of the Dead/Wings of Fury
Pickaxe: Abyssal Pickaxe/Mithril Pickaxe
Token: Waifu Token/Santa Token/Snowman Token
SAMAEL FOR MONTAGE
Show

Nodge
Silverback Wolf

Post by Nodge » Thu May 03, 2018 4:15 am

masterogi wrote:To be honest i don't see how it will help or have some impact on game. It will mostly be same thing as with icons, mostly decoration stuff, no real benefits. Better to focus on other things and save map space, than use it on things that are just optimal and not really needed. :|
Wait what? How you don't see any impact from bonus stats like +25 from every Legacy( so if you have 10 of it then you have +250 stats for every char)

CerealTriumph
Divine Angel

Post by CerealTriumph » Mon May 14, 2018 12:02 am

Like icons i think the bonuses are dangerous to the actual design and progression of the game. Not to mention that, like titles (which are bound by username) it sounds like it would have to be hard coded into the game for each player, since wc3 doesn't store files that way. if you got it on one char it wouldn't effect any others automatically. Which seems like it'd add a bunch of busywork for gF at random times, among the other problems it would likely add (especially if the bonuses are significant).

Nodge
Silverback Wolf

Post by Nodge » Wed May 16, 2018 3:10 pm

CerealTriumph wrote:Like icons i think the bonuses are dangerous to the actual design and progression of the game. Not to mention that, like titles (which are bound by username) it sounds like it would have to be hard coded into the game for each player, since wc3 doesn't store files that way. if you got it on one char it wouldn't effect any others automatically. Which seems like it'd add a bunch of busywork for gF at random times, among the other problems it would likely add (especially if the bonuses are significant).
I guess he can do this through warcraft 3 unit upgrades so this wouldn't be hard. But i don't know about adding this to the save code.