TWRPG on the future WC3 Reforged

Discuss anything relevant to The World RPG!
alfagaga
Spider

TWRPG on the future WC3 Reforged

Post by alfagaga » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Hey there!

Was wondering if by any chance, twrpg will be playable on the Warcraft 3 Reforged, as i'm extremely hyped up for it.
Or is it to soon to ask? :D :D
Would like to see this map evolve continuously and get the profit from the improved graphics. By my understanding, the core engine of the game will remain the same and people with both versions of war3 will be able to play together.

Cheers!

masterogi
Ruler of the Lav Sea

Re: TWRPG on the future WC3 Reforged

Post by masterogi » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Chance for that surely exists, but as you said, it's a little bit too early to speak about that. ;) Best regards.
HandOfGod MasterOgi
Show
Lancer 420

Weapon: Lightning Spear of Tiberius/Aglaia, the Spear of Heavenly Flows
Helm: Crown of Serenity/Halo of Judgment
Armor: Creation of Heaven and Earth/Requiem, the Armor of Lamentation
Ring: Ancient Hourglass/Latea, Ring of Chaos/Purefrost Gauntlet
Wings: Cloak of the Fallen Shadows/ Soul of the Dead/Wings of Fury
Pickaxe: Abyssal Pickaxe/Mithril Pickaxe
Token: Waifu Token/Santa Token/Snowman Token
SAMAEL FOR MONTAGE
Show

CerealTriumph
Divine Angel

Post by CerealTriumph » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:46 pm

gF has said in the past that he'd like to move over to official wcIII patch once 1.30.2 comes out due to new features for map makers being available. And based on how bliz did starcraft remastered, wc reforged will run side by side with the original and "cross play" will be fine. just expect some downtime when the patch/remaster launches as always.

Urim03
Turtle Lord

Post by Urim03 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:37 pm

There is high chance for it happening, but it might take some time. I have no idea how the game will handle custom skin on reforged warcraft 3, high chance that it won't handle them at all before reworking the custom skin.

Also there is high chance that custom costume will take MUCH more space in map size, and as far as I know greenfruit wants to avoid go over 40mb because of naver limit. A solution would be to use basic map unit in reforged version, like swordsman will use blademaster model etc...
But I still have no idea of if greenfruit has any plan for that so I'm just guessing.

Blizzard said that custom map should be compatible with reforged wc3 version, so depending on how well they do that it can be pretty simple.
Many things can make it be fast or take several months, starting with greenfruit's availability on the time wc3 reforged is out.

I really hope GF will take the time to make it work perfectly on reforged wc3 because wc3 community will certainly grow much bigger, I hope it'll be same for twrpg.
Spoiler
Show
Gib these wings on SM|Image