mad clown

Discuss any tips, tricks, strategies for defeating bosses!
djethz
Silverback Wolf

mad clown

Post by djethz » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:09 am

hi im a solo player with a hybrid shooter with this items (red cross, helm of batter, true bloodstone plates, ring of the reaper, frozen heart) after managing to solo kill
rectus im now looking to solo kill mad clown... i was able to tank and damage him until 50% of his hp then suddenly casted a spell and boom im dead.. i was able to avoid
it but after the spell is gone i tried to dmg it and casted again and i notice mad clown's mana is down to 1 then suddenly at 75 during and after the spell is casted..
need some help and tips how to solo kill it since that 0.1% drop rate of scarab bone seems to be impossible so i need atleast a higher chance of drop rate thnx

FlyingCow
Spirit Beast

Re: mad clown

Post by FlyingCow » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:16 am

That spell is Wheel of Death, mad clown will cast it when he takes damage below 50% hp while having full mana and will use all mana on cast, if nobody is in wheel after it starts spinning then he will automatically get back to 75 mana so you need to dodge it for entire duration to be able to kill him after; avoid yellow flashes and red beams, find a good spot to proc it to not have too many mobs/graves/trees blocking your pathing and practice it a bunch.

MrX
Dragon Turtle

Post by MrX » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:48 am

Hello djethz. I tried soloing MC using Shooter with a bit lower gear. I hope this replay can help.
The MC raid starts at the 25-min mark.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

djethz
Silverback Wolf

Post by djethz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:10 am

okay thnx for the info ill try to give some updates heheh :D

djethz
Silverback Wolf

Post by djethz » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:01 am

i give up that yellow ring flash keep reaching out to me in the very corner of the circle and thus i cant kill MD hahahh

FlyingCow
Spirit Beast

Post by FlyingCow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:44 am

Yellow flashes indicate that stun will happen in that part of wheel about 1.5s after flash happens, so stay in wheel part where flash didn't appear.

MrX
Dragon Turtle

Post by MrX » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:27 am

You can do it the long way. About maybe 10 mins or so? Depends on the damage of your E skill.
You don't need to aggro MC away from his original position. MC can stay there until you kill him. Downside is that it'll take much longer than usual.

So first burst down MC using your E and F skill until 50%. From there, you can damage it till it dies using E skill. Max range of E skill will hit MC and he won't aggro you.
Here's the catch tho... continuing to damage MC below 50% will cause him to proc Wheel of Death all the time. Just stay away during the duration of the Wheel of Death. If the duration is over, go back and hit MC with another E then stay back for the duration of the Wheel of Death. Don't use your F skill below 50% cause the only damage it will deal is the first ball. The rest will just be negated. So it's better to use your E skill until it dies.

Well, here's an alternative if you're interested in taking this option. Sniper is more effective in doing this tho because Sniper's T and F skills both deal high burst damage than Shooter's E and F.

djethz
Silverback Wolf

Post by djethz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 am

very helpful tip killed MC with my sniper ^_^

MrX
Dragon Turtle

Post by MrX » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:52 am

Good to hear! Happy hunting :)

(c) to crucibles for that idea :)

WarChiff
Troll Lord

Post by WarChiff » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:03 am

Do u have any idea how 2 kill mc solo by priest ? I got not so sh1ty gear (azeratros, eye from dl, hatred, fairy robe, frozen heart) but i dont have any idea how 2 give him dmg cuz 1 dance and he got full hp i even never pass 50% hp for his ult
and it's needs any way 2 craft madness staff but how get mad simbol like that?